Sunday, March 14, 2004

Neck Woes

Dr. Gregg doesn't think the damage to my neck is serious. Just a aggravated muscle/tendon/something in my neck. He gave me some anti-inflammatory meds, which have helped a little. Still very sore, although it didn't help that I pulled something in my back helping my friend Scott get his vehicle unstuck. (Grumble, Grumble.)

Now, if I could just write the 'incident' report about what happened without it being inflammatory. My case manager is a good guy, but what happened felt avoidable. I sat down with him and tried to work it out. The conversation was good and bad. We communicated but I still feel like he's not 100% on my side about what happened.

He termed my reactions, when it happened, as being manipulative. And I can see how someone might see it that way. I'm bad at trusting people. I've been burned in the past and I tend to shield myself. It's my issue, but it isn't going to go away overnight.

I still have to convince myself I want to get rid of my shield.

I feel this tremendous pressure to get over it, even though he says to take my time. Eventually, my family is going to even tell me to get over it. (They haven't yet, but it's only a matter of time.) The problem is that I'm tired of letting things go without a real resolution.

I think my case manager and I need to have another talk. (It's all good now. No worries. - Edit)

***

I finally got a chance to play D&D, with my friends, in months last night. It was a good stress reliever and distraction. first, we all sat down and watched Interview with a Vampire and chowed down before creating some new low-level PCs. Fought some kobolds and an owlbear. It was 2am when we stopped.