Wednesday, September 08, 2004

A few poems transferred over from The Crossroads.


Madness
Copyright 2004 (C) Robert Blezard

Pain.
Depression.
Isolation.
Killing me day by day.
Impossible nights.
The whispering comes.
Comes to steal my soul away.
Pulling me into darkness.

Restless.
Sleepless.
Agony.
Tearing through me.
Ripping away coils.
Of my mental ball of yarn.
Like a shadow cat.
Its claws bloody.

Struggling.
Surviving.
Fighting.
Can't let it.
Take me back.
To that soulless place.
Five years ago.
When madness almost claimed me.

Faith...

---------------

Mistakes
Copyright 2004 (C) Robert Blezard

Mistakes… I’ve made my fair share over the years. And now…
Her name is Karen, or Cricket, as she likes to call herself.

I’ve met her online and something about her intrigues me.
But she lives across the country in a place I’ve never been.

I’ve drawn this wonderful image of her in my mind.
She’s beautiful… destined to break a thousand hearts.

Like I said… mistakes…

Even if she is half the dream I see when I close my eyes.
How would I ever win such a goddess?

I’m nothing to look at and who knows how’d she react.
Too say nothing of the fragile condition of my heart.

And now she’s being… I don’t know… playful I guess.
And my words are caught in my throat.

How do I tell her that she’s become something more in my mind?
That I’ve risen her to the heights of goddess in my soul.

Mistakes… always mistakes.

I can not go back now… I can not start over.
I have lost myself to the dream again.

---------------

Never Again
Copyright 2004 (C) Robert Blezard

Lust in the dark.
Torture in the soul.
Fire burning...
For a jewel of passion.
And an existence that betrays.

Troubled thoughts.
Bare my heart wide open.
But I know...
It is not love.
It can never be that.

Never again...

Once I had the desire.
Dreamed of joy, oneness, love.
But now...
Pain incarnate.
My eyes are tinted windows.

Angst rules my nights.
Judge me by soulless rage.
A car did this...
While body didn’t break.
The soul shattered.

And now I see this angel.
Light versus my darkness.
Heaven sent...
To test my courage.
Break my will with desire.

Never again...

I pull the shadows around me.
A cloak of darkness.
Must protect...
The mind shields away.
What the heart must not feel.

Never again... never again.

No comments: