Friday, October 01, 2004

More poetic transfers from the Crossroads...


The Question
Copyright 2004 (C) Robert Blezard

Thought and said.

Yet, so meaningless to me.

Abused and confused.

What does it all mean?

Tell me please.

I do not know!

Is there an answer?

No, it’s a mystery.

Is it real?

Yes, poor reality…

Am I guilty?

Completely...

------------------------

Those Eyes
Copyright 2004 (C) Robert Blezard

It’s like losing yourself in perfect pool of water.
It’s not the color or the strands of hair hanging down.
It’s not even the perfect blending of shadows and light.
It’s that look…

It’s that penetrating gaze that dares you to look away.
Music is playing… but it’s not her voice.
Zeppelin… Stairway to Heaven…
No, it’s the look…

You feel as though you’re slipping away.
The energy is being siphoned out of your body.
Drawn away through the eyes of a goddess.
It’s like being powerless before a hurricane.

Those eyes…

Yes, those eyes could pull away a man’s soul.
Live now… Lightning Crashes…
‘I can feel it’ resounds through the air.
Those eyes… pulling me down.

No comments: